2018 EuDAP Report / by admin / 479 views
The need to publicize the figure of the dietitian-nutritionist to society is imposed.
The best way to make ourselves known is to provide faithful and clear information about the myths and food errors that are disclosed, as well as simple nutritional advice, which facilitate the good eating practice of healthy and sick people.
On the Dietitian-Nutritionist Day, two things are talked about: the figure of the DN and healthy eating. Hence the need to give substance to the Day of the Dietitian-Nutritionist with messages of food and nutrition concern to all people and to improve their health and quality of life, and to introduce the DN as a highly qualified health professional.
Objectives of this day
• Promote the profession of the dietitian in the population
• Disseminate the professional skills of the dietitian among citizens and government administrations.
• Promote the citizen-dietitian relationship, so that the population recognizes the dietitian as a close professional and capable of helping him in his daily diet.
• Contribute to community nutrition and public health through messages related to the population’s food education.
Why on November 24?
It is a randomly chosen date that falls within a time of the year in which we are active and receptive (it is not summer, nor end of the year, nor holiday, etc.), it does not coincide with any International Day indicated.
- Listing ID: 300
- National Dietetic Association: SPAIN - General Council Dietitians-Nutritionists of Spain (GCD-NE), Consejo General Dietistas-Nutricionistas de España
- EFAD Education Associate Member: none or other than from the list
- EuDAP key objectives: Objective 2. Promote the gains of a healthy diet and nutritional support throughout the life course, Objective 3. Use dietitians as educators and experts in the community and clinical settings, Objective 4. Invest in establishing the effectiveness of dietitians
- Target audience: Health professionals, General Public, Local Community
- Participating countries or institutions: The DN Day is promoted and organized by the General Council of Dietitians-Nutritionist Associations of Spain, CGD-NE, with the invaluable help of the Spanish Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, AEND that collaborates in the preparation of scientific and informative content .