EASO ‘Train the Trainer’ teaching school
2018 EuDAP Report / by admin / 529 views / Popular
EASO SUMMER SCHOOL
– Training Public Health Trainers in the Prevention and Management of Obesity
In order to facilitate greater understanding of clinical management and public health interventions among diverse audiences, EASO hosts a regular ‘Train the Trainer’ teaching school
The course delivers intensive and practical high level multidisciplinary training in the treatment and prevention of obesity, with a goal of developing national multi-disciplinary experts and advocates.
Delivered by recognised experts and key opinion leaders (KOLs), this 2-3 day training course is designed to increase knowledge and competencies of participants, providing delegates with skills and tools to develop and implement interventions to prevent and treat obesity at local and regional levels. The EASO Task Forces and Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) develop the TTT course programmes and materials with input from the EASO European Coalition for People Living with Obesity, to ensure courses include relevant content on patient-led approaches, patient conversations, and strategies for weight management success.
- Listing ID: 233
- National Dietetic Association: none or other than from the list
- EFAD Education Associate Member: none or other than from the list
- EuDAP key objectives: Objective 4. Invest in establishing the effectiveness of dietitians, Objective 5. Strengthen governance, alliances and networks
- Target audience: Health professionals