International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative
2018 EuDAP Report / by admin / 398 views
The IDDSI framework consists of a continuum of 8 levels (0-7), where drinks are measured from Levels 0 – 4, while foods are measured from Levels 3 – 7.
The IDDSI Framework provides a common terminology to describe food textures and drink thickness. IDDSI tests are intended to confirm the flow or textural characteristics of a particular product at the time of testing.
Testing should be done on foods and drinks under the intended serving conditions (especially temperature).
The clinician has the responsibility to make recommendations for foods or drinks for a particular patient based on their comprehensive clinical assessment.
- Listing ID: 399
- National Dietetic Association: BELGIUM - Professional Union of French Speaking Graduated Dietitians (U.P.D.L.F.), Union Professionelle des diplômes en Diététique de Langue Française
- EFAD Education Associate Member: none or other than from the list
- EuDAP key objectives: Objective 4. Invest in establishing the effectiveness of dietitians
- Target audience: Health professionals, Special Groups
- Read more (link): https://iddsi.org/