Nutrition during the recovery of COVID-19 - care pathway
2020 EuDAP Report / by admin / 242 views
Now that the first COVID-19 patients are starting to be discharged from hospital wards, these patients are being directed towards our first-line dietitians to begin their recovery phase post- hospitalization. The information these discharged patients receive in terms of nutritional guidance in their home-setting is often limited.
First-line dietitians are being expected to support these discharged COVID-19 patients following their hospitalization. It is thus important that there are clear guidelines and a care pathway in place.
Based on the available literature and insights gathered from these patients’ first experiences in their recovery phase, Diëtheek has created the “Nutrition during the recovery of COVID-19” care pathway. These guidelines are intended for all dietitians working in the primary healthcare setting and who are managing this patient group.
Diëtheek 2020. Richtlijn voeding bij herstel na COVID-19 [Nutritional guidance for recovery from COVID-19]
- Listing ID: 627
- National Dietetic Association: none or other than from the list
- EFAD Education Associate Member: none or other than from the list
- EuDAP key objectives: Objective 3. Use dietitians as educators and experts in the community and clinical settings, Objective 4. Invest in establishing the effectiveness of dietitians, Objective 5. Strengthen governance, alliances and networks
- Target audience: Health professionals, Special Groups, Employees
- Type: Document, Guideline
- COVID-19 special issue: Yes
- Read more (link): http://www.efad.org/media/1991/nutritional-guidance-during-recovery-from-covid-19.pdf