Optimal Nutritional Care for All (ONCA)
2018 EuDAP Report / by admin / 331 views
A multi-stakeholder initiative to promote screening for risk of disease-related malnutrition/undernutrition and implement nutritional care across Europe. The ONCA campaign supports collaborative efforts to combat malnutrition across Europe.
Results: multiple good practice examples e.g. in Portugal mandatory nutritional screening legislation framework was published in 2018 and since the current year the screening tools (NRS-2002 & STRONGkids) are available electronically at all public hospitals, e-Screening effective implementation will generate data on disease-related malnutrition and the creation of a monitoring system
- Listing ID: 307
- National Dietetic Association: SWITZERLAND - Swiss Associaton of Registered Dietitians, Schweizerischer Verband diplomierter Ernährungsberater/innen
- EFAD Education Associate Member: none or other than from the list
- EuDAP key objectives: Objective 1. Ensure that healthy food and nutrition is accessible, affordable, attractive and sustainable, Objective 2. Promote the gains of a healthy diet and nutritional support throughout the life course, Objective 3. Use dietitians as educators and experts in the community and clinical settings, Objective 4. Invest in establishing the effectiveness of dietitians, Objective 5. Strengthen governance, alliances and networks
- Target audience: Health professionals, Children and Adolescents, Special Groups, Senior Citizens, Policy Makers, Industry
- Participating countries or institutions: 18 European countries joining in one striking campaign: Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Austria, Poland Turkey and the UK.