SPRINTT (Sarcopenia and Physical fRailty IN older people: multi-componenT Treatment strategies)Popular
Clinical trial SPRINTT (Sarcopenia and Physical fRailty IN older people: multi-componenT Treatment strategies)
Multi-componenT Treatment strategies = physical activity + diet
This project will give us the opportunity with Regulators, Academia and other stakeholders, to agree on the therapeutic indication, endpoints and Clinical Trial methodology which will allow to develop innovative treatments for this currently underdiagnosed geriatric condition.
This will be the first non competitive interventional European clinical trial in frail sarcopenic older patients using physical activity as benchmark for future studies with investigational drugs.
What are the Objectives of this project?
To validate an interventional paradigm for identifying at-risk individuals living in the community and evaluate innovative therapeutic interventions against physical frailty and mobility disability, through:
- Creating an operational definition of at-risk (sub-)populations with undisputable unmet therapeutic need
- Qualification of muscular anabolism and catabolism biomarkers in at-risk (sub-) populations
- Validation and implementation of practical clinical methodologies for testing clinically meaningful interventions for the screening, prevention of Physical Frailty and Sarcopenia and its complications (falls, mobility disability, hospitalization, institutionalization)
- Developing scientific and regulatory Consensus on these 3 strategic objectives: therapeutic indication, biomarkers and development clinical methodology
- Developing a health-economic model of physical Frailty and Sarcopenia in a real life setting