Use of SIGA classification index in catering
2018 EuDAP Report / by admin / 859 views / Popular
SIGA classification adapted from the NOVA classification to evaluate the nutritional quality of food according to the degree of processing of their ingredients
Problem: The nutritional quality of industrial raw materials in collective catering
Actions: I evaluate the nutritional quality of the offers by the distrubutors who respond to the public market. This evaluation gives rise to a classification of the tenders which participates in the choice of award of the contract.
Results: the market represents 57 lots of which 43 have been studied. 60% of the lots studied were awarded to the distributor with the highest nutritional quality score. 20% of the prizes are awarded to the distributor with the lowest rating. The result of the evaluation of the nutritional quality of the selected batches will be used in the choice of the menus to decrease the use of the raw materials having obtained a level classification ultra transformed C2 or C3.
- Listing ID: 407
- National Dietetic Association: FRANCE - French Association of Nutritionist Dietitians - AFDN, Association Française des Diététiciens Nutritionistes
- EFAD Education Associate Member: none or other than from the list
- EuDAP key objectives: Objective 1. Ensure that healthy food and nutrition is accessible, affordable, attractive and sustainable, Objective 2. Promote the gains of a healthy diet and nutritional support throughout the life course
- Target audience: Children and Adolescents
- Read more (link): https://siga.care/blog/classification-nova-et-classification-siga/